Lately I’ve been posting recipes every Wednesday, I guess I’ve been in the mood to cook. I’ve got another one on the docket- Creamy Potato Soup. I got bold and tried attempted a recipe from the one and only Pioneer Woman.
We all pin so many ideas and recipes, but let’s take some action people! At least once a month, cook or bake something that you pinned and link it in the comments!
The original recipe is here, I adapted it to better suit what we like so be sure to check out both. My version made about 8 servings.
For my version, here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 whole carrots, diced
- 6 whole small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here’s how it goes:
- Dice your carrots and put them in a large pot with a bit of water, leave on stoptop with medium heat
- Peel and dice your potatoes, add them to the carrots, and let cook for 5-7 more minutes
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and chicken broth to the pot, cook for 10-15 more minutes until potatoes are soft
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour and milk, then add to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes
- Remove 1/2-2/3 of the soup from the pot and put it in the blender on high until creamy then add it back into the pot
- Mix in sour cream and parsley
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with mozzarella on top
PS- Have you voted for me to win an Apartment Therapy Homie yet? I’m never going to win, but right now I’m sitting happily in the middle and I’d love to stay there. Also, you can vote for as many blogs as you’d like so vote away here!
Here’s who I voted for: