Last week I hit you with a detailed potato soup recipe- this week I went for easy. All you need is a blender and a microwave, woo hoo! This is also from the same website I got my sugar doodle recipe from, an those were a huge hit so now that I’ve got two good ones in a row I think I’m going to have to go through the website a bit more.
The ingredients for this recipe were really straight forward, and a lot of them I already had on hand:
- two 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, optional and to taste
- basil for garnish
- mozzarella shredded cheese for garnish
The original recipe has a few other suggestions of seasonings and measurements, so be sure to check it out here.
And here’s how to make it:
- Chop up your carrots
- Put all ingredients (besides garnishes) in a blender until creamed
- Pour into a microwave safe container and microwave 3-5 minutes at a time on high, stir, then repeat this step until soup is at desired temperature. I think it was 10 minutes total for me
We had about 4 servings of delicious, crazy easy to make tomato soup.
I recommend you make yourself a solid grilled cheese to dip in it. 🙂
I posted this easy, creamy tomato soup recipe about 2 years ago and it has become an absolute staple at my house because it’s so easy and adaptable, so I thought I’d revisit it today with some more options of things to add in.
Food photographer I am not.
The bare bones of the recipe (for two people) is:
- 1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes (sometimes I buy the Italian seasoned can, sometimes I grab the diced green chiles style)
- 2 carrots diced (sometimes I just use a drained can of carrots for this one if I’m feeling lazy)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Seasonings to taste (basil, oregano, Adobo, salt, pepper, chili pepper… whatever)
Put all your ingredients together in the blender until mixed, then heat in the microwave and serve. SO EASY. SO QUICK. SO DELICIOUS.
I make this soup at least once a month, but it’s different every time. Here’s some other stuff I’ve thrown in:
- Half an avocado (makes it super creamy!)
- Shredded chicken
- Diced potatoes (again, from the can if I’m feeling lazy)
- Cheese! Mozzarella, parmesan, gruyere…
- Minced garlic
This easy, creamy tomato soup is so perfect for a cold winter night. What else would you add in?