In my first post about essential oils I posted about some basic ways I had already started to use them (here) so now that I’ve gotten a little more into, and had time to do a little more reading on them, I thought I’d follow up with some more ways they’ve been working for me over the past few months.
- FRANKINCENSE & TEA TREE OIL: I used one drop of frankincense in the morning and one drop of tea tree oil at night on a wart on my finger for just under two months and it is now completely gone. And, to make sure, I stopped using this treatment about a month ago and it’s still gone- so it gets rid of them for good! This is by far the most cool and impressive use I’ve found so far.
- TEA TREE OIL: I don’t how I forgot about this, but I totally used tea tree oil on my pimples when I was in high school (from The Body Shop, at the time). So when I remembered to use it again it was a real game changer. Generally when I get a pimple (which is rarely these days thanks to a face cream I made, listed below) it leaves a dark spot on my skin for a few months, and tee tree oil helps that clear up far quicker as well.
- ORANGE: Massaging a bit of orange oil, mixed with lotion or coconut oil, on your stomach when it hurts (or when you’ve, ahem, over eaten) has proved to be super helpful. I’m not sure if it’s the massaging motion, or the oil, or both, but this works just as well as popping 2 antacid pills and smells delightful. My husband loves this use as well.
- STRESS AWAY: This mix is specifically from Young Living. I roll Stress Away over my forehead, behind my ears, and on my wrists before bed on nights when I feel restless and anxious and it helps me not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
- *CARROT OIL: I did a lot of reading on this oil and supposedly ingesting 1-2 drops a day is supposed to help with psoriasis, but I’ve had no luck at all and it’s been about a month now. To be fair though, I have had no luck at all with any psoriasis treatment for the past 10 years. Ugh. (Ingesting oils isn’t a great idea for everyone and you should do your research before doing so.)
- LEMON, LAVENDER, FRANKINCENSE: I mixed 10 drops of frankincense and 5 each of lemon and lavender in about 2 cups of coconut oil and use it as an overnight face cream and it is awesome. The coconut oil reduces fine lines, the frankincense evens out skin tone, the lemon refreshes the skin, and the lavender helps reduce redness. At first I was very nervous about putting coconut oil all over my face (and neck) but it’s awesome and the whole combo is great!
- LAVENDER: Put 1-2 drops in your mascara to help strengthen and lengthen lashes- love this and it smells so good!
- JOY: I just use Joy in lieu of perfume sometimes. One drop over the heart and on the wrists lasts almost all day long and really helps lift your spirit.
So overall, I’m still totally on the oil boat. The current draw back is that since it’s summer we keep the windows open all the time, so it’s not really worth diffusing and we miss that use a lot. I also still haven’t found a use for everything in the kit I have yet, but I’m definitely working on it!
How do you use your oils?