Just last weekend one of the blogs I regularly read, This Vintage Grove posted a recipe for hot chocolate cookies, and I immediately pinned it. And then I immediately baked it because they sounded so delicious I just couldn’t wait.
Lately I’ve been cooking something I pinned once a week, but my goal has always just been once a month. Feel free to join me in putting our pins to use!
To make hot chocolate cookies you will need:
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 Cup shortening (I wouldn’t recommend substituting this, you need the texture of it)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tsp Hot Chocolate Mix (buy a marshmallow free mix!)
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Use a hand mixer to stir together shortening, softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and hot chocolate powder. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- After your dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350* and drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set up but the centers are still soft.
I recommend if you don’t eat them straight out of the oven, heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds. It makes them extra amazing!
You can check out everything else I’ve baked and cooked from pins here, everything is moderately easy and absolutely delicious!