Last week I hit you with a detailed potato soup recipe– this week I went for easy. All you need is a blender and a microwave, woo hoo! This is also from the same website I got my sugar doodle recipe from, an those were a huge hit so now that I’ve got two good ones in a row I think I’m going to have to go through the website a bit more.
The ingredients for this recipe were really straight forward, and a lot of them I already had on hand:
- two 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, optional and to taste
- basil for garnish
- mozzarella shredded cheese for garnish
The original recipe has a few other suggestions of seasonings and measurements, so be sure to check it out here.
And here’s how to make it:
- Chop up your carrots
- Put all ingredients (besides garnishes) in a blender until creamed
- Pour into a microwave safe container and microwave 3-5 minutes at a time on high, stir, then repeat this step until soup is at desired temperature. I think it was 10 minutes total for me
We had about 4 servings of delicious, crazy easy to make tomato soup.
I recommend you make yourself a solid grilled cheese to dip in it. 🙂
What have you cooked recently?