Matt & I are both home today while Frankenstorm hits, so I thought what better time to complete my monthly Pinterest Food Challenge! Also, I only have like 3 days left to complete it. Also, I have no eggs which is why I had to make eggless pancakes.
The original recipe is here, I recommend doubling it if you’ve got more then two people to feed but it makes some pretty heavy pancakes. I stuck to the recipe pretty much exactly, except I only had skim milk so I used a little less of that and a little more oil just to even things out. In case that link ends up dead, here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly. Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk (I stirred with a fork) together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix – it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter. (The butter that stays in the pan acts as your cooking grease.)
- Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
- When pan is hot, with a measuring cup or ladle, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Carefully flip pancakes with turner/spatula and cook until golden brown.
- OM NOM NOM!
Matt & I found the texture to be perfect but the taste to be a little blah, so I suggest adding fruit or nuts if you have them on hand. Or if you’re like me, chocolate chips and whipped cream. We just ended up loading on the syrup because that’s all we had and they were deliciously unhealthy.
Be sure to share yours in the comments if you’ve got one! ?