I love me a good tote bag. What I do not love is that they pretty much never have pockets and all my things slosh around. So I decided to remedy that.
I got this amazing tote from Emily McDowell on Etsy to take with me to Snap! (a DIY/craft blogging conference- more to come on that soon) and decided to add a few little pockets so I’d have a spot for my business cards, chapstick, etc.
- adorable tote
- adorable fabric (I just used scraps I already had)
- hem tape, scissors, iron, damp cloth
- cut fabric into squares of your desired size (I just laid out all the things I would want to put in them, then cut an inch around that)
- iron your fabric and tote so it’s wrinkle free
- fold in the edges of your fabric (so the frayed cuts don’t show) then turn your canvas inside out and hem tape it on with your iron
- marvel in your amazingly organizeable tote
The end! Doesn’t get much easier than that 😉
Pin it so you don’t forget it! 🙂